The WFMT Radio Network
SPOLETO CHAMBER MUSIC SERIES
Genre: Classical, Chamber Music
Length: 59 minutes
Frequency: 13 weeks
Delivery Type: PRX and CD
Optional Breaks: One
Segment Count: 2 segments
Air Window: July 1, 2015 – June 30, 2016
Host: Miles Hoffman
Producers: Shari Hutchinson, Cathy Bradberry
Recording Engineer: Andrew Shire
Underwriters: Bank of America; ETV Endowment of South Carolina
The WFMT Radio Network is very pleased to announce the syndication of the Spoleto Chamber Music Festival in conjunction with South Carolina ETV Radio. For over 30 years this 13-week series of 1-hour concerts has showcased world-class musicians from the Spoleto Festival USA.
Hosted by NPR commentator Miles Hoffman, these concerts will feature performances recorded live from the historic Dock Street Theatre in Charleston, South Carolina, during the 2013 Spoleto Festival USA.
Musicians featured on the series include mezzo-soprano Charlotte Hellekant, violist Masumi Rostad, and pianist Pedja Muzijevic, along with performers such cellist David Ying, oboist James Austin Smith, and the members of the renowned St. Lawrence String Quartet. The series includes master works from Haydn, Mozart, Brahms, and Schubert, as well as 21st century music from composer and pianist Stephen Prutsman.
Highlights of the series include:
- Ralph Vaughan Williams’ Piano Quintet in C Minor, performed by Inon Barnatan, piano; Geoff Nuttall, violin; Masumi Rostad, viola; David Ying, cello; and Anthony Manzo, double bass
- A Chamber Arrangement of Joseph Haydn’s Symphony No. 102 in B-flat Major from the members of the St. Lawrence String Quartet with pianist Pedja Muzijevic and flutist Tara Helen O'Connor
- New music includes a jazz set from pianist Stephen Prutsman and his original work, Color Preludes for Piano Quintet, performed with the members of the St. Lawrence String Quartet
- Sibling string players Gabriela Diaz and Andres Diaz perform Kodaly’s Duo for Violin and Cello, Op. 7
- Vocalist Charlotte Hellekant performs works from Wilhelm Stenhammar to Charles Ives, accompanied by pianist Pedja Muzijevic
For 17 days and nights each spring, Spoleto Festival USA fills Charleston, South Carolina’s historic theaters, churches and outdoor spaces with performances by renowned artists, as well as emerging performers in opera, theater, dance, chamber, symphonic, choral and jazz music. Founded in 1977, Spoleto Festival USA is internationally recognized as America’s premier performing arts festival. And for over 30 years, South Carolina ETV Radio has brought the Spoleto Chamber Music Series, recorded at the annual Festival, to the national radio audience.
This series is available free of charge to all affiliate stations for one broadcast through June 30, 2016. If you have any questions or for more information, please contact Tony Macaluso at (773) 279-2114, email: email@example.com Estlin Usher at (773) 279-2112, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or David Sims at (773) 279-2027, email: email@example.com.