Who says enjoying classical music has to be a sober affair? Here are some classical drinking songs to help you say goodbye to 2020 and hello to 2021.
Click here to jump to the full playlist!
1. "Ah! Quel dîner" from Offenbach's La Perichole
This will put the bubbles in your bubbly.
2. Varlaam's drinking song from Mussorgky's Boris Godunov
We'll have what Varlaam is having...
3. "Im Feuerstrom der Reben" (popularly known as the "Champagne song") from Die Fledermaus
You can't do better than the "Champagne song" on New Year's Eve!
4. "Fin ch'han dal vino" (popularly known as the "Champagne aria") from Mozart's Don Giovanni
Be careful when you’re drinking with Don Giovanni!
5. "In taberna quando sumus" from Orff's Carmina Burana
Monks invented beer, after all.
6. "It's beer, it certainly is a gift from heaven" from Smetana's The Bartered Bride
We couldn’t agree with Smetana more.
7. "Intanto amici" from Mascagni's Cavalliera Rusticana
An optimistic drinking song!
8. "Vivat Bacchus! Bacchus lebe!" from Mozart's Die Entführung aus dem Serai
Long live Bacchus!