Élisabeth Jacquet de La Guerre
“Elle est originale.” These words were how King Louis XIV described the young Élisabeth Jacquet. Tonight’s program features the French ensemble Nevermind in chamber music of the gifted Élisabeth Jacquet de la Guerre, whose contributions to the musical life of Louis XIV’s court was exceptional, and who composed in many of the musical forms of her day to the admiration of her contemporaries.
Tonight’s program was recorded live in concert June 5, 2022 in London’s Wigmore Hall. Thanks to WFMT’s association with the European Broadcasting Union, we’re able to make this recital available as a stream for thirty days following tonight’s broadcast. A blue “Listen” button will appear when the stream is accessible.
Élisabeth Jacquet de La Guerre (1665-1729)
Trio Sonata No. 3 in D
– Grave – Presto & adagio – Allegro & adagio – Allegro – Aria – Allegro
Trio Sonata No. 1 in G minor
– Grave – Allegro & Vivace – Allegro – Adagio – Allegro – Aria
Sonata in G for Flute and Harpsichord with obbligato viola da gamba
– Lent-Presto-Adagio – Presto – Presto – Adagio – Aria
Suite No. 1 in D minor
Sonata for Violin and Harpsichord No. 1 in D minor
– (Adagio 3/2) – Presto – Adagio – Presto-Adagio – Presto – Aria – Presto
Trio Sonata No. 2 in B flat
– Grave – Allegro – Allegro e presto – Adagio
Nevermind Ensemble: Anna Besson, flute; Louis Creac’h, violin; Robin Pharo, viola da gamba; Jean Rondeau, harpsichord