This week on Introductions is the first of two programs featuring chamber ensembles from the Music Institute of Chicago Academy. Today has piano trio movements by Beethoven and Arensky; and string quartet movements by Haydn and Grieg.
Members of these two groups have previously appeared on Introductions::
– Carrie Wang appeared with the Salice Piano Quartet in August 2021.
– Amelia Zitoun appeared with Quartet Celeste in August 2021 and with the Aurora Piano Quartet in June 2020.
– Mark Zhu gave a solo piano recital which aired in December 2020 and was featured as a concerto competition soloist in April 2020.
– Sameer Agrawal performed live and solo in December 2019. He has also appeared with the CMPI String Quartet in December 2021 and in August 2021; with Quartet Celeste in in August 2021; and with the Infini String Quartet in August 2020. He is also set to do a live-to-air solo recital on December 10, 2022.
– Esme Arias-Kim gave a solo violin recital in November 2020 and was featured as a concerto competition soloist in April 2022 and in October 2016. She has also appeared with the CMPI String Quartet in December 2021 and in August 2021; with the Zephyr String Quartet in August 2021; and with Trio Primavera in August 2020.